We found this at a local thrift shops for just a few bucks. It was definitely in need of some love, don't you think?
With some TLC, it now looks like this!
The hardest part was deciding what the finished top should look like. I decided to put a doily on top. The file is from SVGCuts and I cut it with my eclips2 using the vinyl settings.
I wanted all the details to really pop, so I painted the top with black flat paint I had on hand with 2 coats after sanding and removing any the dust. I let it dry overnight. I applied the stencil to the table top, making sure that the rest of the table was not exposed to any stray spray from the eBrush and siphon adapter.
I chose an opaque white paint from Createx.
The coverage was awesome as you can see!
I loved that the paint didn't drip and the mist provided nearly full coverage on the first layer. The eBrush made this such an easy project!!!!
Once the paint was really dry (a couple of hours later), I removed the stencil/mask from the table top. It was so much fun watching the pattern reveal as the vinyl was removed. (Mom was totally surprised and in awe at the precise image -- she has Alzheimer's and these kind of things make her very happy).
I applied 3 coats of a Mod Podge matte finish. Voilá!
Loving this and I think I may head back down to the thrift store and look for a couple of other small tables. They would be perfect to use downstairs!
Thanks for dropping by... hope you'll take a peek through the archives for more eBrush projects!