The weather has been kind of yucky the last few days. Lots of dreary days and sometimes it makes it harder to get the supplies out and play. However, there have been a few days that playing has been accomplished and successful.
This month's stack was made using another pre-colored digi stamp from Polkadoodles. It's a simple and clean to complete card. The SCAL 6 software makes it easy to set up the card front for printing and cutting and then using the skycut, I get a perfect cut every time. I don't have to recalibrate the camera/laser after a software update either. Spot on!
We have a few birthdays in February as well. So I chose to dig through some stamps and dies and use those for this fun square card. The bear is from Eileen Hutson, the flowers in a vase stamp is retired (Stampin' Up!) and the Happy Birthday is from Stamper's Anonymous. The square die is an oldie from Spellbinders. The background paper is from a very old stack and I colored the images using colored pencils on watercolor paper for a little more texture.
If you've been following me for a while, I'm sure you know that I love to add lights, sound and movement to some of my cards. I thought this one would be a fun one.
The penguins "shake" when you shake the card. They're on a string and hang on the card between two small holes. It's fun and is a case from a card I saw on Instagram. I'm pretty sure there will be a few more along this same idea in the future. Digi paper and penguins for easy print 2 cut and assembly!
The next card is for one of our granddaughters. Her b-day is coming up shortly and I designed this box card in SCAL 6 and cut most everything with the skycut. I did use a couple of punches and a die for the smaller embellishments. The digi stamp is a fun one and it's from Whimsy Stamps. I used pencils to color this one in too. this image doesn't have the sentiment on the front yet. I love how it folds flat and fits into an A2 envelope!
Yesterday, I decided to play with some circuits again. It's getting pretty easy to get the LED light ones to work on the first try now.... I used the robot die set from Tim Holtz and distress inks to color the pieces that started out as white paper. I love playing with color.... This was a case from a card I saw on Pinterest. The left eye does light up.
Well, that's it for now. I have another project to share in a day or so... but typepad isn't cooperating with letting me upload the image at the moment. LOL
Hope you've got some creative time built into your week. Take care and nurture your creative soul as often as you can.