Oh heavens! What fun we've been having with the Sizzix "eclips" over the last few weeks. It's sure been getting a workout - and I'm really enjoying using it even more than before.
It's so much fun to waltz on over to all your favorite sites -- browse the pages and see all the wonderful creations and know that you can make those too. As I look back over the past year, most of what I have made and kept has been cut on the eclips. It's rare anymore that we even get the bug out since the cuts just aren't that crisp. The eclips cuts like butter!
I made one of the cards and the toadstool house. My egg house needs some work still...
This is a cut file from another company (if you recognize who created this file, let me know). I don't remember who from, but the detailed swirly cut was a piece of cake for the eclips! I used plain white paper and inked it for rainbow-like effect on the top of the box and the sides. The box is large enough to hold some jewelry for the older set or candy or a gift card for those all important tunes or even a night out on the town for someone you care about.
Inks from Stampin' Up! Glue was Scotch Quick dry. An easy project you could do a bunch of in quick time.
This card front was also created on the eclips using the pen tool and a white Sakura gel pen. I used some SU black paper and the rounded corner basic shape offered in the Library. I created a shadow for the backing.
After the eclips had done it's job of writing and cutting, I sponged on some SU White ink for some smudging and added some dots and dashes to each of the corners. '
I really like the chalkboard technique - but it's even better using the eclips to do the writing/stamping! ;)
Recognize this? I saw a banner over on Fiskar's blog the other day -- and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the border die -- so I perused my files and found SVGCuts had the perfect border cut in Rosie's Ribbon Strips. It was easy to union two of the strips together in the eCal software. The tops are strips of paper cut into basic rectangles at 5", 5 1/4" and 5 1/2". I used the crop-o-dile to put the hole in the tops for easy stringing. I have almost enough completed to string across the front of the fireplace now or to put in the living room window.
I think I'll stop here for today. I'll pick up later with some fun. I've still got several projects ready to post. Hope you have a wonderful creative day. ENJOY being creative!