well, it didn't take a month to make it back this time. I'm really hoping to get through July and up to today on the crafting projects for the most part. There are a few I haven't taken pictures of or kept around long enough before sending them out the door.
I wasn't sure if I would like this one or not after choosing the papers and color scheme, however, the more I look at it, the more I like it.
Papers: Stampin' Up!, Graphic 45
Rub on: Doodlebug
Embossing: Sizzix, Cuttlebug machine
Inks: Stampin' Up!
Die cutting machine: Sizzix Eclips, eCal (Basic Shapes)
Adhesives: Tombow, Scotch quick dry
I had some chip that I needed to recycle, so I cut it out using the sizzix, recut the banner in blackboard vinyl and dusted it with some chalk before handprinting the letters.
The pennants are my design in eCAl - I didn't use a purchased file for that. It's really easy! go to the basic shapes in eCAl and put a rectangle on the mat; add a triangle, size it so the bottom edges create the inverted V as you like. Then put a bounding box around both elements, go to PATH > Back minus Front, and voila, you have a banner. Size as desired if you need to make a change. Add a .075 circle and place approximately 1/4 inch from one of the upper corner edges. Put a bounding box around the two, click on OBJECT > Group; add another .075 circle using the same instructions as the other circle. Decide how many pennants you want for your banner, CUT. Nut lots and cover in blackboard paper or ink and gift to a friend to create their own banner for the day.
The lacy edge was a svg file, I just can't remember who I got it from without wading through quite a few files. If you recognize it as yours, please don't hesitate to send me a note so credit can be given.
Created for one of my grandson's birthdays, this file is from MyScrapChick and was a good idea, but each multi-layered card took quite a while to make. Just glad that I only had to make a dozen or so of them and not more.
Papers: Stampin' Up!
Inks: Ranger (Distressed)
Crystal Effects, Sizzix Eclips die cutting machine, Scotch quick dry and Scor-Pal tape.
A pot of ever-lasting no pollen Fall flowers are blooming! All files for the pot and blooms are from SVG Cuts. These were fun to make. You can find something similar done in a Christmas scheme at SVG Cuts' blog.
Adapted from a design in an online magaine, this card was cut entirely on the eClips using eCal and basic shapes. A little bit of ink, gel pen stitching, a Stampin' Up! stamp (discontinued set) and button and twine make up this 4.25 by 4.75 card.
I'm having so much fun playing with the features that allow you to design in eCal. Next up is to learn the ins and outs of Silhouette's Design Studio for the Portrait. Have manual will learn. ;)
Oh gosh, there are still a few more to add before being current again. I guess I'll have to come back again... hopefully sooner rather than later! Make it a greatness filled day!