I'm really not trying to go for the blur look, but it appears that the camera is having a bit of a problem with the focus. My apologies.
This mixed media card is perfect for some upcoming birthdays in 2018 as well as some other occasions. I'd love to share this quick card with you.
Mica Powder (Mixed Media Supplies)
2 Watercolor prints (8.5 x 11 inches)
Electronic die cutting machine and software (Sizzix eclips2 & eCal2 software were used in this project)
Basic Shapes (circle, heart)
Star confetti, rhinestones
stamp (WPlus9 Designs) optional
No affiliate links are used in this post.
Using your die cutting machine,
1) Print the sentiments using eCal and cut the card fronts (Happy Birthday on a 4 x 5.25 inch rectangle) with the eclips or cut the card fronts with a paper trimmer
2) Create the background papers using the Pattern Fill option in eCal2. Print.
3) Cut the decorative shapes using the eclips and the printed paper;
4) If desired, stencil a thin coat of gesso on the card front. Set aside to dry.
5) When dry, add a bit of Mica Powder to the gesso and spritz lightly with water to spread it around a little bit.
6) Stamp the desired sentiment if you did not print your card front previously.
7) Run the circle with the heart cut out and one of the smaller circles through the Xyron.
8) Use foam squares on the small heart and two of the small circles. Apply as shown and add the star confetti and rhinestones. Apply the card front to the card base and your card is ready to personalize and send on it's way.
This is also a Pinterest inspired card... I like the added texture of the stenciled gesso and shimmer of the mica. These are simple, sweet and easy to complete.
Thanks for stopping by. Hoping your week is filled with crafting goodness! Check the Mixed Media Supplies blog frequently for more mixed media projects this month and more.