I finally was able to pick up a Foil Quill here locally.
I'd pre-ordered from another company back in January, but they weren't able to secure all of their order and were still waiting for their first shipment.... so grateful they were willing to completely refund and I could go pick one up at one of the local craft stores.
I'm very impressed. My first samples were near perfect. Using cross-hatching or line fill and just adjusting it a bit will fill in most of the lettering.
Just a little more tweaking and I think the fill will be perfected on the lettering. In the meantime....
I found some really neat svg/png files to cut, but decided to use them as foiling patterns. Using the Foil Quill fine tip and no additional adjustments to the draw/pen settings in eCal 3 and cut using the eclips2.
I used Inktense watercolor pencils and a waterbrush to apply the color. Love the results and hope you do too. The background is an altered digi background (PhotoShop Elements) print of a "faux watercolor" piece I shared in this post
Thanks for stopping by. So looking forward to my next bit of creative time.... hoping you have some time carved out in your busy schedule too!