This was a fun project... I finally got to use one of the several bedsprings I purchased last fall. They've been sitting in a box just waiting.....
I adapted the Smiling Snowman file from Simply Crafty SVGS. The panels are double embossed -- using 2 folders for some extra texture and depth in the Neenah 110 lb cardstock. Using the blending tool, apply a bit of Antique Photo Distress ink on the panels and on the assembled head.
The Skycut C24 cut everything as planned including the print2cut hat band and scarf pieces. Some ink was also applied to the edges of each of these pieces to "hide" the white from the the original color of the cardstock.
I added an additional tabbed piece to the bottom of the head (designed in SCAL 5 Pro) and pierced a hole and threaded the top of the bedspring into the hole and attached the head to the spring. A bit of hot glue will help to stabilize it a little more if you find the head is a bit floppy.
The face of the snowman is embellished with a glittered brad (the prongs cut off). Small beads for the eyes and a bit of black AC cardstock from a scrap for the eyebrows. The glue gun and some liquid glue made this easy to do.
I found a piece of holly from an unused die cut in my stash, glued it to the hat band and added a small bell that had a bit of brown wrapped wire twisted and coiled for additional interest. Swipe some white or cream ink along the edges of the hat if desired.
Looking forward to adding some additional wintry items for this piece that will be on the mantel after all the Christmas decor has been put away.
Thanks for stopping by. Hoping you've got some creative plans in the works over the next couple of weeks. Enjoy the time!