Creating this sign for the "man cave" was fun and welcomed!
The base is a piece of corrugated cardboard! And I L. O. V. E. the texture it gave to the vinyl when it was applied to the painted base. You'll find all the details on The Artistry at CreativeFabrica.com.
The wreath I posted earlier this week is too small to stand on it's on in a large space -- Right now, I don't have a grouping or small place it can stand out as a focal point.... so another shelving piece upcycle to the rescue.
Super simple... a little bit of white acrylic paint, vinyl and sandpaper. A hook for hanging (and it also will make it easier to switch out wreaths each season!
I used the Gracias font and Gracias Stylized Font for the lettering.
Open your software, and type in your lettering. I stretched it to 18 inches. Weld all the letters together. When you add the glyph from the Stylized font, use the Union Command under the Path tab. Be sure to check Preview to make sure that all the letters are connected and will cut as one.
Cut using the vinyl setting. Weed the excess vinyl away and apply some transfer tape. For best results, apply the vinyl first... burnish as needed.
Dry brush some white acrylic paint on the board. While the paint is still not quite dry, lightly brush another light coat. This will cause the paint to crackle a bit and add some additional texture. Let dry.
Using a piece of sandpaper, scrub some of the paint away. Wipe away the dust. Repeat that process as needed.
My piece isn't going to be subjected to weather or extreme temps, so I chose not to seal it at this point. Add a cup hook to the board and slide the wreath on the hook. My board is setting on the mantel -- you could add hangers to the back of your board BEFORE you paint and hang if desired.
Products used*: Sizzix eclips2, eCal2 Expressions Vinyl - white 651 Apple Barrel White paint foam brush cup hook sandpaper (120 grit) wreath details can be found in this post.
No affiliate links are used in this post. Some of the materials used in the wreath were provided by MixedMediaSupplies.
It's been a sort of crazy week around here.... but one of the things I did get accomplished was to make some wobblers -- you know, those springy things that allow your cards to be a little interactive. I made 30 of them, only to find out that I was a little heavy handed with the glue gun. I've been able to fix a few of them, but not all. Oh well... I have the mat set up to cut the discs and a spool of wire for the next batch and will remember to use a lighter hand on the glue using my go to machine, the Sizzix eclips2 and eCal2.
But that didn't stop me from making the fun card above that still has a little bit of action. I used Stampendous' Spring Short Stack set that has been waiting to be inked up for much too long.
Images colored with watercolor pencils and blended using a water brush. Background sheet is blended using ink and a blender. Hand lettered sentiment for a little more hand crafted look. Glue Dots and tape runner used for adhesive on this card.
And this project, the Heart Lock Box file from SimplyCraftySVGs was a very quick cut and put together project. It will now be our Valentine "O" on the mantel. Paper from an old stack with no cover or identifiers. (Bummer). But it was perfect for this project and I have enough paper left to make a couple more.
And since I had a broken leg last year, I didn't get much crafting done or our Valentine porch sign made -- but I took care of that yesterday! Nothing fancy, but fun to make using a recycled shelf and some vinyl from my stash! A little bit of red jute finishes it off. The font is a little funky, but looks pretty good. The heart cut outs were from the Sizzix eCal2 library of basic shapes. Vinyl cut using the eclips2. Transfer Tape for this project can be found here (and yes, I buy by the roll!)
Now to finish the wreath and banner this coming week! Hope you have some crafting time scheduled in this coming week!