Sandy's been a super support lately and I really appreciate her help with this project. I'm sure at some point the pitcher design will be in her shop -- so stay tuned!
After perusing Pinterest a couple of weeks ago, I found an antique pitcher shape I really liked... however, there wasn't much in the design shops that I could find that looked close to the shape and would be simple to put together without using panels. Sandy had already started something similar and she was gracious enough to send me a test version of a file.
Needless to say, I fell in love with it and the shape was near spot on to what I had in mind. This was created in Blender and Pepakura. NitWit Collections Lilac Blossoms collection was a perfect fit for a Spring look. I used SCAL5's option for print 2 cut and added the Lilac spray to the base of the pitcher cut.
Assembly is easy for someone with a little experience. The handle is 3 strips of paper glued together and shaped before the glue dries. It is attached to the back seam wall of the pitcher with some white washed brads I've had in my stash for years!
Apply a coat of gloss Mod Podge to the outside for a nice finish and a little more strength. If you plan to use live flowers, you do need to seal the interior of the pitcher BEFORE you assemble. A tall pharmacy prescription bottle fits nicely inside and a 2 inch styro ball can be scrunched into the bottle to help with placement of your paper or silk floral pieces.
Did you know that only one shop has a design for 3D lilac flowers? And that site requires a paid membership to access. Budget being what it is, I looked for something that I could use - and found the Filler Flower at Maison Gregoria's Etsy shop to be a great fit. Lots of tiny flowers, all cut on the Skycut using sketchbook paper. Assembly is a bit tedious since each bloom is on it's own wire. But it's worth the time and effort. Once everything is wired and bundled into groups, it was time to use the eBrush for a little color. Tombow markers in three shades of purple (623, 620, 636) were used to add some texture and depth to the shapes. Even bundled the color went on fairly evenly. PLUS: it didn't take but a minute for the bundles to dry with the layered colors and you're ready to start putting your arrangement together.
Add some additional greenery from the Poinsettia Wreath file (also from Maison Gregoria on CreativeFabrica.com) which I downsized a bit and also cut using the Skycut. Wired and ready for use. I used some chalk for a little extra color and used my exacto knife and a pair of craft tweezers to add the veins to the greenery. While most of it is too tiny to see in the images, it was worth the time and effort to make it happen.
The pitcher and floral arrangement stands about 8.5 inches tall and would be perfect for a side table, tablescape tray or open tiered tray or riser decor.
Thanks for dropping by today. Hope your day is filled with beautiful things! Wishing you a creative day!