Hi everyone! I'm so excited about this project using oven bake clay, a texture stamp and Mica Powder. Both the stamp and Mica are available at Mixed Media Supplies.
Oven Bake Clay (such as Sculpey III)
Diamond Fence Background Stamp (Mixed Media Supplies)
Bronze Mica Powder (Mixed Media Supplies)
Mod Podge (Matte)
needle nose pliers
Essential Oil (optional)
1) Condition clay according to manufacturer's directions.
2) Cut the clay using the die or a pattern with the craft knife. Smooth the edges and create a bale using the extended stem folded over. I used a toothpick to make sure that there would be ample room to pass the wire through for the hanger.
3) Add texture using the background stamp on half of the shape. Using the craft knife, add additional texture
4) Bake according to the manufacturer's directions. My oven is just slightly under temp, so I bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool. Sand lightly if needed.
5) Mix a little Mod Podge and some mica powder, and brush on one side of the front of the shape. You can use your finger or a wipe for a little less coverage. Let dry completely
6) Thread the wire through the bale. Bend and twist at least 3 times. Thread the wires through a bead. Create a loop and twist the "tail" around the wires. Using the needlenose pliers, adjust the rounds as needed. Cut the excess with the wire cutters and secure the ends.
Thanks for joining me today ... be sure to check out more projects this month by the Mixed Media Supplies Design Team. And feel free to drop by here for more projects and hopefully, some inspiring ideas for you to take to your craft room.